|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Nominal duration||2 years, includes 4 field placements|
|Tuition fee||CA$16,253 per year
The fees shown here are estimates only for and are subject to change. The above fee includes tuition (CA$14,937), health insurance and ancillary fees.
Please REVIEW the Centennial College`s refund/withdraw policy.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
For direct admission, if you did not complete two or more consecutive full years at a recognized secondary or post-secondary education institution in a school where English is the primary language of instruction and communication, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
After admission, prior to beginning each field placement, students are required to:
To prepare you to improve citizens’ quality of life by developing healthy communities, this program’s curriculum meets the demands of the ever-growing recreation and leisure field.
Throughout your studies, you’ll conduct needs assessments, create risk management plans, develop business plans and practice grant proposal writing, and plan and implement recreation programs for all ages and abilities. You’ll also complete 880 supervised field placement hours, which will help develop critical practical skills through the integration of classroom learning into real-life situations. The opportunity to participate in supplemental training sessions (sensory training and High Five’s Principles of Healthy Child Development and Quest 2) will also be available.
WATCH the video
- Recreation/sport/camp program leaders and instructors
- Recreation/sport/entertainment operators and attendants
- Recreation and sport policy researchers/consultants/program officers
- Recreation/sports/fitness program and service directors
- Customer service and retail agents
- Recreation and leisure services coordinator
- Recreation and Leisure
- Supervisor or Recreation and Leisure Services Manager and/or programmer
- Therapeutic recreation activation aide
Areas of Employment
- Long-term care homes
- Municipal community recreation centres
- Retirement residences
- Adult day centres
- Youth-focused organizations
- Non-profit community agencies
- Summer camps
- Sport leagues
- Private entities