|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Mississauga|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Tuition fee||CA$19,275 per year
The fees shown here are estimates only for and are subject to change. The above fee includes tuition (CA$15,734), health insurance and ancillary fees.
Please REVIEW the Sheridan College`s withdrawals and refund policy.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
For direct admission, you must be from an English speaking country or, you must provide proof of English proficiency in one of the following ways:
If your IELTS/TOEFL score does not meet the minimum English language requirement for direct entry, you may choose to enter the English Language Studies (ESL) program, offered by Sheridan College, which is an intensive, full-time academic program.
A relevant portfolio is required.
Applicants who are unable to complete a visual arts credit or who achieved less than 65% in their visual arts credit will be required to submit a portfolio. A portfolio assessment fee will be charged.
READ to learn about the portfolio assessment.
Sheridan offers the comprehensive, industry-specific training you need to launch your career in interior decorating.
Benefits of this program
- Work in a professional studio environment.
- Get trained on industry-standard software.
- Have full access to finishes, paints and samples in our decorating and design resource room.
- Take periodic excursions to local design and product showrooms.
- Participate in a three-week work placement.
A full professional skill set*
- Plan and decorate residential and small commercial environments, from programming to final presentation drawings.
- Draft using professional standards to visually communicate details and design concepts.
- Freehand draw, sketch and apply mixed media to presentations.
- Design and implement marketing and sales strategies.
Flexible and collaborative learning
Using your own laptop, you’ll work collaboratively with faculty and classmates while enjoying 24/7 access to coursework, lecture notes, assignments, presentations and other resources. Because it mimics the structure of the workplace, this learning model gives Sheridan graduates a significant advantage in the job market.
In Sheridan’s two-year Interior Decorating diploma program, your creativity will be nurtured. Our students have consistently taken honours in the Decorators & Designers Association of Canada (DDA, previously CDECA) Design Competition.
You’ll enter the workforce with a developed interior decorating sensibility, plus the business acumen to compete for clients and run an efficient, profitable business.
Sheridan’s Interior Decorating diploma program is recognized by the Decorators & Designers Association of Canada (DDA™).
The program duration for September starts is two academic years. The program duration for January starts is 16 months continuous.
Sheridan Interior Decorating graduates may gain employment in a variety of creative and exciting positions.
Sample job titles for Interior Decorating graduates include:
- Decor and Finish Consultant: for builder/model homes
- Home Fashion Display/Merchandiser
- Home Stager
- Interior Decorating Consultant
- Kitchen, Bath or Spa Design Specialist
- Media Consultant: writing/styling for print, TV
- Sales Consultant: home furnishings retailer