|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Mississauga|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Tuition fee||CA$19,303 per year
The fee is for the 2022–2023 academic year and includes tuition (CA$16,206), health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees displayed are estimates only for and are subject to change.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
If English is not your first language, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
A relevant portfolio is required.
Applicants who are unable to complete a visual arts credit or who achieved less than 65% in their visual arts credit will be required to submit a portfolio. A portfolio assessment fee will be charged.
READ to learn about the portfolio assessment.
Sheridan offers the comprehensive, industry-specific training you need to launch your career in interior decorating.
Benefits of this program
- Work in a professional studio environment.
- Get trained on industry-standard software.
- Have full access to finishes, paints and samples in our decorating and design resource room.
- Take periodic excursions to local design and product showrooms.
- Participate in a three-week work placement.
A full professional skill set*
- Plan and decorate residential and small commercial environments, from programming to final presentation drawings.
- Draft using professional standards to visually communicate details and design concepts.
- Freehand draw, sketch and apply mixed media to presentations.
- Design and implement marketing and sales strategies.
Flexible and collaborative learning
Using your own laptop, you’ll work collaboratively with faculty and classmates while enjoying 24/7 access to coursework, lecture notes, assignments, presentations and other resources. Because it mimics the structure of the workplace, this learning model gives Sheridan graduates a significant advantage in the job market.
In Sheridan’s two-year Interior Decorating diploma program, your creativity will be nurtured. Our students have consistently taken honours in the Decorators & Designers Association of Canada (DDA, previously CDECA) Design Competition.
You’ll enter the workforce with a developed interior decorating sensibility, plus the business acumen to compete for clients and run an efficient, profitable business.
Sheridan’s Interior Decorating diploma program is recognized by the Decorators & Designers Association of Canada (DDA™).
The program duration for September starts is two academic years. The program duration for January starts is 16 months continuous.
Sheridan Interior Decorating graduates may gain employment in a variety of creative and exciting positions.
Sample job titles for Interior Decorating graduates include:
- Decor and Finish Consultant: for builder/model homes
- Home Fashion Display/Merchandiser
- Home Stager
- Interior Decorating Consultant
- Kitchen, Bath or Spa Design Specialist
- Media Consultant: writing/styling for print, TV
- Sales Consultant: home furnishings retailer