|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Mississauga|
|Nominal duration||2 years, includes one field placement|
|Tuition fee||CA$18,043 per year
The fee is for the 2022–2023 academic year and includes tuition (CA$16,206), health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees displayed are estimates only for and are subject to change.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents) with an overall minimum average of 65 percent:
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
If English is not your first language, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
Sheridan’s Office Administration – Executive program equips you with the skills you need to enhance the efficiency of a busy professional office.
Using your laptop in our Internet-connected classrooms, you’ll complete interactive assignments and learn the skills most in demand by today’s employers. The two-year program focuses on the higher-level technical and professional skills required if you wish to work in an executive office.
Things you’ll learn
- Advanced administrative functions such as arranging travel and taking minutes.
- Executive support skills such as banking and payroll.
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Business writing, Internet research and report writing skills.
Administrative Simulation or Field Placement
When you’ve completed the first three terms and have met a prescribed GPA, you can choose either an Administrative Simulation course or a Field Placement course. Both prepare you for entry-level support positions in a business, government or professional office. This experience can be invaluable when you’re ready to look for a professional executive assistant or administrative assistant position.
You’ll also learn:
- Leadership skills needed by office supervisors.
- Webpage design including combining text, graphics, audio and video.
- Oral presentation skills.
- Job search and interview techniques.
The program duration for September starts is two academic years. The program duration for January starts is 16 months continuous.
As a graduate of Sheridan’s Office Administration – Executive diploma program, you’ll be ready to take on the responsibilities of a busy professional office.
Here are some jobs you might find:
- Administrative or Executive Assistant
- Human Resources Clerk
- Office Administrator or Supervisor
- Product Information Coordinator
- Project Manager Assistant
- Records Management Coordinator