|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Mississauga|
|Nominal duration||2 years, includes one field placement|
|Tuition fee||CA$17,997 per year
The fees shown here are estimates only for and are subject to change. The above fee includes tuition (CA$15,734), health insurance and ancillary fees.
Please REVIEW the Sheridan College`s withdrawals and refund policy.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
|Dormitory fee||CA$12,000 per year
The above fee is an estimated amount for during the two academic semesters.
There are a lot of housing options for you to choose from depending on your needs and preferences. Be sure to find a place close to your campus and easily accessible by regular and frequent public transit.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents) with an overall minimum average of 65 percent:
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
For direct admission, you must be from an English speaking country or, you must provide proof of English proficiency in one of the following ways:
If your IELTS/TOEFL score does not meet the minimum English language requirement for direct entry, you may choose to enter the English Language Studies (ESL) program, offered by Sheridan College, which is an intensive, full-time academic program.
Sheridan’s Office Administration – Health Services program gives you the skills you need to work in a busy health-care office or setting.
The two-year program focuses on technical and professional skills required to work in a variety of Health Service settings. You will learn to use specialized medical software, OHIP billing, electronic calendaring and scheduling, and communication software applications.
Things you’ll learn
- Medical office procedures.
- Medical terminology, anatomy and medicine.
- Medical e-billing and scheduling.
- Medical transcription and techniques.
- Specialized medical software applications.
Medical Simulation or Field Placement
When you have successfully completed the first three terms and have met a prescribed GPA, you have the option of choosing either a Medical Simulation course or Field Placement (two days per week). Both options prepare you for entry-level administrative support positions in a medical office or setting. This is an excellent opportunity to gain work experience and evaluate different career paths.
Learning in this program includes:
- Specialized administrative support to medical professionals.
- Producing accurate medical documents using a variety of specialized medical software applications.
- OHIP billing information electronically.
- Research on the Internet.
- Scheduling and task coordination skills.
- Essential interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills through simulated patient encounters.
- Written and oral communication skills.
The program duration for September starts is two academic years. The program duration for January starts is 16 months continuous.
As a graduate of Sheridan’s Office Administration – Health Services program, you’ll be well equipped for an entry-level position in a health-care facility or medical office.
Here are some places you might work:
- Agencies and institutions
- Health-care organizations
- Doctor offices or clinics
- Long-term care facilities