|Canada, Ontario, Oakville
|1 year/ 2 semesters
|CA$19,565 per year
The fee is for the 2022–2023 academic year and includes tuition (CA$16,438), health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees displayed are estimates only for two semesters and are subject to change.
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
If English is not your first language, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
Prepare for further study – or a performing career!
The Performing Arts – Preparation program at Sheridan provides a comprehensive one-year introduction to the performing arts.
Gain first-hand experience in a wide range of disciplines, developing core skills that can help you advance to a more specialized performing arts school. This hands-on performing arts program offers an opportunity to:
- Improve your performing, auditioning and technical production skills.
- Learn to work collaboratively with other creative individuals.
The world of entertainment
You’ll get to try your hand at acting, singing and dancing. You’ll also learn about the business aspects of the performing arts industry, forming an ad hoc production company with your classmates. Throughout both semesters, you’ll make field trips to see musicals, live concerts, plays and other professional performances.
High standards of instruction
Performing Arts – Preparation employs high-calibre faculty with the same excellent standards of instruction, most of whom have extensive professional experience in the industry. Graduates are encouraged to apply for further study at Sheridan or other institutions to develop their specific areas of interest.
In the Performing Arts – Preparation program, you’ll have the chance to:
- Attend several professional theatrical productions throughout the year from the major theatre companies in the area — including Second City, Stratford Festival, Mirvish Productions, Shaw Festival, Soulpepper Theatre and Canadian Stage.
- Receive talkbacks from performers after shows.
- Engage in conversation with invited guest speakers who are prominent community members, including agents and directors.
- Increase your knowledge of how the performing arts industry works in Canada and how auditions are run by various theatre companies.
- Develop your own creativity!
Expand your skills
Through this program, you’ll learn to display your talents, discover your strengths and clarify your educational and career goals.
While this program does not provide preferred entry into further education, it does provide the knowledge and skills that performing arts schools require for admission.
Graduates continue in diploma or degree performing arts programs, such as musical theatre, acting, singing, dance, broadcast, comedy, etc. Some decide to pursue further education in technical production or design, writing, teaching, etc. Others pursue professional work following graduation.