|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Nominal duration||2 years, plus 1 Optional Co-op term|
|Tuition fee||CA$17,165 per year
The fees shown here are estimates only for and are subject to change. The above fee includes tuition (CA$15,900), health insurance and ancillary fees.
Please REVIEW the Centennial College`s refund/withdraw policy.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
For direct admission, if you did not complete two or more consecutive full years at a recognized secondary or post-secondary education institution in a school where English is the primary language of instruction and communication, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
This Automotive – Motive Power Technician program is for you if you’ve ever wondered how an engine works or what makes a transmission drive.
Emphasis on motor vehicle technology and theoretical and practical application will help you acquire trade-relevant skills and knowledge. In keeping with Ministry and Ontario College of Trades standards, the program meets in-school requirements for levels 1 and 2 apprenticeship training. Additionally, you’ll participate in hands-on activities in fully-equipped transportation labs. A co-op option will offer real-world experience as you work one term as a paid employee in the field.
In addition to your diploma, you’ll also earn an Ozone Depletion Prevention certificate.
The program’s co-op option will provide you with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience while you work one term as a paid employee in the field. This opportunity will not only allow you to put classroom learning into practice, but it will also provide valuable contacts for future careers.
1. Ontario College Graduates of this program will receive a Motive Power Technician Ontario College Diploma and will be credited with Level 1 and level 2 of Automotive Service Technician apprenticeship in-school training.
2. The official Ministry name for this program is Motive Power Technician.
- Automotive apprentice technician
- Automotive technician (following apprenticeship)
- Automotive technical supervisor
- Automotive service advisor
- Automotive service manager
- Automotive parts manager
- Automotive teacher (college/high school/factory training)
Areas of Employment
Completion of the Motive Power Technician program provides you with fundamental knowledge and skill to pursue a career in a variety of automotive sectors.
- Automotive service departments
- Automotive parts departments
- Automotive insurance companies