|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Waterloo|
|Nominal duration||4-16 months|
|Tuition fee||CA$12,200 per year
The fees shown here are estimates only for and are subject to change. The above fee includes tuition (CA$11,000), health insurance and ancillary fees.
Please REVIEW the Conestoga College`s refund & withdrawal policy.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible, you must be:
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
- Applicants to the program will be required to write the in-house Conestoga English Language Test (CELT) to determine placement in the correct level in the program.
- Results from Internationally recognized English language tests such as the IELTS or TOEFL will be reviewed in conjunction with your CELT results.
This four-level English for Academic Studies program focuses on the listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills required for college/university studies. Students start at a level determined by scores on an in-house placement test or an internationally-recognized English language test such as TOEFL or IELTS.
In levels 2 and 3, students reinforce English skills through Canadian Perspectives courses, as well as through core English skills courses. Concurrent with English studies in Level 4, students take post-secondary credit courses including Student Success for Higher Learning.
The following criteria must be met in order to progress to the next level of the program:
- Students must pass all core courses; the minimum passing mark is 70%.
- Students who fail two (2) or more courses must retake all core courses at that level.
- Students who fail one (1) core course may be allowed to continue at the discretion of the department.
- Students who fail more than one (1) core course in the same level twice will be discontinued from the program.
- Level 4 students who fail two or more core courses must retake all core courses at Level 4.
- One core course failed at Level 4 must be retaken, and a maximum of three (3) credits may be allowed in that semester in some diploma programs in the college.
- Core Courses: Listening/Speaking, Pronunciation, Writing, Reading, Canadian Perspectives 1 & 2.
Students who have successfully completed this program will have met the English language requirements for most post-secondary diploma programs at Conestoga.