|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Type||Intensive English, Language School|
|Nominal duration||16 weeks, 30 lessons/ week|
|Tuition fee||CA$6,320 per programme
In addition to the above tuition fee, students are required to pay the following fees:
Materials fee: CA$160
|Application fee||CA$160 one-time
This fee is non-refundable.
Elementary School (or higher)
- The applicant shall be 16 years old and up.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
You can be any level of English. On your first day of class, you will take an English test on your grammar, writing, listening and speaking skills. Your class level will be based on your test results.
ILSC has designed a language program that allows you to progress through 10 levels of language skills. Choose from the wide variety of courses and programs and build a study schedule combining themes and subjects that match your personal interests, goals and dreams. ILSC`s approach provides you with maximum flexibility. You’re sure to find something that excites you at ILSC!
Most students take the English Communication & Foundation Program, creating their own unique learning journey by choosing from the extensive selection of courses!
ILSC offers two types of courses:
- Core courses help you focus on developing key language skills.
- Skills elective courses let you learn, practise, and perfect your language skills through exploring unique topics that match your interests.
Every 4 weeks you get to customize your learning by choosing new courses.
Course Length: 1-48 weeks
Entry Level: Beginner to Advanced English
Number of Lessons: 30 / week
Lesson Hours: 50-minute lessons
Timetable: Mon–Thu: 9:00 am–4:00 pm, Fri: 9:00 am–12:00 pm
PROGRAM START DATES
ILSC is open all year round. We accept students every Monday except the last week of a session. To get the most out of your language study experience at ILSC, we recommend that you start in the first week of a session. Starting on the first Monday of the session will provide you with the widest variety of courses to choose from and will help you get a good start in the course topic. If you start in the second or third week, you will be placed in an ongoing class.
Please check the program start dates.
The English Foundation course focuses on the core language skills you need to build a solid English foundation. These levels focus on developing communicative ability in English, including core listening, speaking, reading and writing with integrated grammar and vocabulary. In the English Foundation course, you will improve your:
- Confidence communicating in English in a variety of everyday situations in small group activities and lively classroom discussions
- Speaking fluency and accuracy
- Listening, reading and speaking for daily communication, discussions and presentations
- Writing skills for well-structured sentences
- Grammar and vocabulary in context
- Productive grammar and functions in daily use
- Active vocabulary for a wide variety of themes
Levels: Beginner 1, Beginner 2, Beginner 3, Beginner 4
In the intermediate levels, you will improve English speaking and listening skills through small group activities and lively classroom discussion. You will learn to express ideas in diverse social situations and build vocabulary in a wide range of subjects.
At the upper levels, you will progress through Speaking Dynamics, refining expressive language skills, debate and use of persuasive language. You will achieve Speaking Excellence by developing strategies for critical thought by delving into controversial issues. Improve the use of complex language structures such as irony, problem solving and debate. You will work on becoming proficient in English by participating in Discussion Circles that aim to build native-like fluency using sophisticated vocabulary in dynamic discussions on topics such as art, sports, psychology, food, science and technology.
Levels: Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Intermediate 3, Intermediate 4, Advanced 1, Advanced 2
Completion of ILSC’s University Pathway Program fulfils the language entry requirement for more than 100 Universities, Colleges and TAFEs in Canada and Australia, with no TOEFL or IELTS Test required! Prepare for success in an English language post-secondary program with ILSC:
- Seamless transfer into one of ILSC’s reputable partner colleges or universities (no IELTS or TOEFL required)*
- Get a conditional letter of acceptance from your chosen partner college or university
- Get introduced to the college or university learning environment through guest lectures from ILSC’s partner schools
- ILSC’s Academic Excellence Assurance supports you to achieve your goals
- More than 74 Masters and PhD programs in North America accepting seamless entry from ILSC’s University Pathway Program
*Some University Pathway partners require additional testing.
LEARN more about the University Pathway Program.