|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Toronto|
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Tuition fee||CA$15,874 per year
The fees shown here are estimates only for and are subject to change. The above fee includes tuition (CA$13,959), health insurance and ancillary fees.
Please REVIEW the Humber College`s refund/deferral policy.
|Registration fee||CA$375 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$75) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
For direct admission, if English is not your first language, OR you did not complete a minimum of two years of full-time study at the secondary school level in an English language school system in a country where English is considered the primary language or the primary language of instruction and evaluation is English, with acceptable grades in all English courses, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
Humber’s Nutrition and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion diploma program prepare you for a career promoting health and wellness to individuals and groups of all ages and encouraging people to live a healthier lifestyle. Unique in nature, it is the only diploma program of its kind in Canada. In this program you will:
- develop an understanding and knowledge of general and clinical nutrition, sports nutrition and physiology
- gain valuable hands-on experience coaching and conducting health promotion seminars and workshops in our unique Humber Centre for Healthy Living
- learn how to relate knowledge of essential nutrients into practical nutritious eating for clients by discovering the techniques of healthy cooking, food demonstration, recipe development and menu planning
- nutritionally assess and analyze menus and recipes integrating financial, health and culinary criteria
You will have the opportunity to join student branches of the Canadian Association of Foodservice Professionals (CAFP). As student members, you will build on your networking skills in foodservice organizations and have the opportunity to apply to association-sponsored bursaries and scholarships.
This innovative program will provide you with the education and experience to work in the rapidly growing health and wellness industries. The curriculum is founded on evidence-based nutrition information and is taught by registered dietitians and other regulated health-care professionals.
All students will complete a 15-week experiential learning course involving our on-campus Humber Centre for Healthy Living. Components of this placement include:
- nutrition awareness events: students develop and deliver group educational workshops, displays and sessions for the community, business and industry partners in various settings.
- practising nutrition coaching to Humber students and staff: students provide nutrition education for clients and support them in developing and achieving their health and nutrition-related goals. This includes diet assessment, recommendations and development of a client tool kit.
The Lifestyles of Health & Sustainability industry (LOHAS) offers many opportunities to help individuals live more healthy and sustainable lives. You can expect to be a part of this rapidly growing, multi-billion dollar industry and find employment planning and promoting a healthy lifestyle in workplaces such as:
- fitness and wellness centres
- weight management clinics
- corporate and community food and foodservice organizations
- educational facilities
- government agencies
- entrepreneurial ventures in nutrition and health coaching, menu planning, meal preparation, and nutritional analysis
Professional Accreditations & Recognition
TrainCan – Advanced Food Safety Training and Certification (ADVANCED.fst®)
Students in this program will have the opportunity to earn TrainCan – Advanced Food Safety Training and Certification (ADVANCED.fst®), along with CPR and First Aid.
Additional requirements and/or costs may apply.
Note: The requirements for licensure are determined by the granting body, which is independent from Humber College. Students are encouraged to obtain the specific requirements directly from the granting body before enrolling.