|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Brampton|
|Type||Advanced Diploma, College|
|Nominal duration||3 years|
|Tuition fee||CA$18,183 per year
The fee is for the 2022–2023 academic year and includes tuition (CA$16,206), health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees displayed are estimates only for and are subject to change.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents) with an overall minimum average of 65 percent:
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
If English is not your first language, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
Sheridan’s Business Administration – Human Resources program may lead to career paths in an HR department in a business, non-profit organization or governmental agency.
Things you’ll learn to do
- Attract and retain outstanding employees.
- Compensate employees correctly.
- Manage workplace health and safety issues.
- Provide valuable training programs and coaching for employees.
- Handle an organization’s downsizing or workforce reassignment.
This program offers the opportunity to build foundational skills needed in any business administration career and delivers hands-on training in vital HR skills through case studies, guest speakers, simulated negotiation situations and group work. You’ll learn about the latest trends in organizational behaviour, human resources planning and employment law.
Throughout the program, you’ll be encouraged to build your personal network within the HR field by attending various industry networking events. The HRPA local chapters, for instance, have hosted events to support Sheridan students in their professional and academic development.
More about this program
As an HR professional, it will be your responsibility to attract and retain outstanding employees, provide learning and development opportunities and create sustainable total rewards programs. That’s just the beginning of the challenges you’ll face in this important role.
Sheridan’s HR diploma program also equips you to:
- Deliver feedback and coaching that improves performance.
- Understand and use HRIS – Human Resources Information Systems.
- Manage HR data utilizing the most current business software, including PeopleSoft information management systems.
Here are some jobs you might find:
- HR Administrator
- HR Assistant
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator
- Health and Safety Coordinator
- Health and Safety Assistant
- HRIS Analyst