|Study location||Canada, Ontario, Brampton|
|Nominal duration||2 years/ 16 months|
|Tuition fee||CA$18,016 per year
The fee is for the 2022–2023 academic year and includes tuition (CA$16,206), health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees displayed are estimates only for and are subject to change.
|Registration fee||CA$400 one-time
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$100) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
If English is not your first language, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
Sheridan’s Computer Programming diploma program offers highly marketable skills in the field of information technology.
The most up-to-date curriculum
Sheridan’s dedicated professors are constantly working to keep the program current within a rapidly changing industry. A practical applied approach is taken with an emphasis on individual programming skills including the mobile environment, communication skills, problem solving and teamwork.
The applied approach is facilitated by an interactive classroom experience each student has their own personal laptop and the most current versions of industry-standard computer programming software available through Sheridan. We offer a well-respected computer programming college credential that will give you many workplace options and pathways to further study.
Fast-track to a career in 16 months
This program is delivered in four back-to-back semesters (14 weeks each), which means you’ll graduate in just 16 months.
Your studies will include courses in areas such as:
- Java, C#, XML and .NET
- Database design and implementation (Oracle/MySQL)
- Network communications and configurations
- Systems analysis and design
- Web-based application development for mobile smartphones
- Communication skills
- Operating systems
- Project management
You’ll work on your own laptop in a networked environment that provides round-the-clock access to all course materials from any location through Sheridan’s Learning Management System.
Advanced Educational Options | Fast Track
- After earning your computer programming diploma, you can enrol in the third year of Computer Systems Technology – Information Systems Engineering and obtain a three-year advanced diploma.
- Alternatively, graduates may apply to Honours Bachelor of Applied Information Sciences – Information Systems Security program or the Honours Bachelor of Computer Science – Mobile Computing after completing a bridging semester.
Sheridan’s computer programming diploma prepares graduates for entry-level positions.
Here are some sample job titles for this program:
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Technician
- Database Application Support
- Networking Support
- Technical Communication Specialist
- Technical Support Analyst
- Web/Mobile Web Programmer