|Canada, Ontario, Toronto
|CA$17,223 per year
The fees are for the 2023–2024 academic year and include tuition, health insurance and ancillary charges.
The fees displayed are estimates only for two semesters and are subject to change.
The registration fee includes the non-refundable application fee (CA$75) and the refundable deposit fee (CA$300).
Please REVIEW the EdviseCanada`s fee policy.
High School / Secondary Education (or higher)
To be eligible for admission, you must possess a high school diploma including these required courses (or equivalents):
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
For direct admission, if English is not your first language, OR you did not complete a minimum of two years of full-time study at the secondary school level in an English language school system in a country where English is considered the primary language or the primary language of instruction and evaluation is English, with acceptable grades in all English courses, you must provide one of the English language proficiency tests below:
Humber’s Biotechnology diploma program prepares graduates with the transferable skills needed to build successful careers in a variety of biotechnology and research sectors. The program balances theoretical understanding with experiential practices in specific laboratory skills needed by employers. These practical components are the focus of the program and are developed and reinforced through the integration of practical laboratory experiences. Integrative laboratory projects are designed to simulate a real-life experience through the translation of theory to practice. The program provides a valuable specialization to students interested in life sciences programs without having to go elsewhere for practical laboratory skills training.
Students will benefit from:
- laboratory skills development linked to industry demands
- extensive applied/hands-on laboratory experience
- simulated learning environments
- integrative project work that links applied and academic fields (simulating real work experiences)
- acquiring a recognized skill set applicable to a wide variety of employment opportunities
- a unique integrated approach
- learning to operate laboratory equipment stable in the field of science and biotechnology
- learning to adapt to the changing field and stay current
Students entering into the Biotechnology program will benefit from a state-of-the-art, biotechnology laboratory, equipped with the latest technologies and equipment and is designed to maximize the teaching and learning experience. Students spend 8 hours per week in the lab experiencing applied and practical skills.
Biotechnology has applications in many industrial fields such as health/medical, agriculture, food, non-food, environment, pharma/drug, etc. The wide extent of biotechnological application in modifying biological systems for specific and beneficial uses in the society has created an overwhelming demand for skilled talents. While Canada has the opportunity to capitalize on biotechnology, it has a critical shortage of highly skilled talents. Our program prepares students to move into entry-level laboratory science positions in diverse bio-based sectors such as:
- food and beverage bioprocesses
- environmental assessment
- protection and remediation
- pharmaceutical preparation
- testing industrial product analysis
- development and manufacturing
- medical diagnostic testing
- related research and development