#1 Co-op College in Ontario!
Georgian College is a College of Applied Arts and Technology in Ontario, Canada. It has 13,000 full-time students, including 3,600 international students from 85 countries, across seven campuses, the largest being in Barrie.
Georgian is a unique and positive experience in postsecondary education. A transformative experience that connects you to the skills you need, the people that inspire, the mindset to succeed, and the confidence to thrive.
As a Georgian graduate, you will be fully connected to your potential, your peers, your industry and the world at large.
Georgian has the highest percentage of its student body enrolled in co-op programs.
All full-time programs emphasize hands-on experience in workplaces, on campus, or in the community. Almost 80 percent offer a formal work-integrated learning opportunity – co-op, internship, placement, or field experience. Graduates leave Georgian with networks, hard skills, and strong resumés.
- 100% of the programs emphasize practical, hands-on learning
- 5,000+ Georgian students are enrolled in co-op programs
- 6,200 employers partner with Georgian to offer student work experiences
- 87.3% of the graduates find employment within six months of graduation
The Orillia Campus offers a friendly environment, a variety of programs, and all the services and amenities of a larger campus. Home to Human Services programs and Community Safety programs, the campus has close ties to local employers. Campus buildings total over 136,000 square feet with nearly 45 acres of property.
Orillia, known as the Sunshine City, is the gateway to Ontario’s cottage country, with nearby golf courses, lakes and ski hills. Situated between two lakes, it’s a small city with big-city amenities. You’ll find a vibrant downtown, great farmers’ market, restored opera house, and nearby Casino Rama Resort – where world-class concerts are held year-round.
- Campus Size: 136k sq ft
- Orillia Population: 31k
- Driving Distance from Toronto: 1.25 hours
Bear Essentials store, counselling labs, fitness centre, Indigenous Resource Centre, library, meditative labyrinth, multidisciplinary lab, on-campus residence, Second Life virtual campus, theatre, use-of-force room, veterinary clinic, videoconferencing classrooms, cafeteria, and on-campus restaurants.
- Housing: On-campus residence, many rental options
- Hospital: Soldiers’ Memorial
- Transit: Public transit with several bus lines, regular buses to Toronto
- Groceries: Five large grocery stores, several small businesses, two year-round farmers’ markets
- Shopping: Mall, shopping plaza, vibrant downtown shopping area
Georgian’s on-campus residence provides:
- modern, convenient accommodation
- suites with two or three individual bedrooms with a double bed, large desk and dresser
- high-speed internet, telephone with local service and TV with satellite service
- three-piece bathroom with shower
- kitchen with microwave/convection oven, full-sized fridge, and more
POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT
Georgian College is a designated learning institution (DLI#: O19395677361) that offers programs that will make you eligible for a post-graduation work permit.