#1 Co-op College in Ontario!
Georgian College is located in one of the most beautiful regions of Canada, giving you a truly Canadian experience. With small class sizes, hands-on learning, and faculty who truly care, Georgian gives you everything you need to succeed.
Top reasons to choose Georgian
- A recognized leader in student work experience (e.g., co-op, internships, etc.)
- 85.8% of grads find work within six months
- 10,000+ full-time students
- 4,000+ international students
- 650+ awards available to students each year with an average value of $1,000
- 130+ full-time career-focused programs
- 850+ pathways from Georgian into further educational programs
Barrie’s downtown is the city centre, featuring specialty shops and boutiques, unique dining experiences, parks, beaches and more—all surrounded by beautiful historic buildings and more than five kilometres of breathtaking waterside scenery! Here are some of the highlights of downtown Barrie:
- Waterfront trails: perfect for walking, running, rollerblading and cycling, offering beautiful views of everything downtown Barrie has to offer
- Kempenfelt Bay: a playground for water sports like swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding and wake boarding
- Endless outdoor recreational amenities: featuring a beach volleyball court, basketball court, skating rink, outdoor fitness equipment and more
- Fascinating art sculptures: standing tall along the waterfront skyline are The Spirit Catcher, Barrie’s most iconic landmark, and sister sculpture The Sea Serpent
- Year-round farmers’ market: your go-to for locally grown produce, baked goods and handmade products
- Home to many cultural festivals, events and celebrations, there’s a lot of fun to be had downtown Barrie all year round with unique experiences for everyone.
BARRIE DOWNTOWN CAMPUS
Launch your creative career through the award-winning Design and Visual Arts programs, led by faculty with extensive industry experience and connections. The Arch and Helen Brown Design and Digital Arts Centre is located downtown Barrie, minutes away from the waterfront. You’ll learn in the fully-equipped studios using industry standard tools, and you’ll have the opportunity to network with leaders in your field and real-world clients.
Many students and alumni have been recognized with awards from both provincial and national organizations, and have landed positions with major galleries, studios and firms.
As a student of Georgian’s downtown Barrie location, you’ll continue to have access to everything on the Barrie Campus, including student services, athletics, residence and more.
- Hospital: Royal Victoria Health Centre
- Groceries: Five large grocery stores and several small businesses
- Shopping: Mall, shopping plaza, vibrant downtown shopping area
- Harbour, parks, trails, nearby beaches and provincial parks
- Arenas, sports field, golf course, fitness centres, movie theatre
- Cultural centre, historic sites, farmers’ market
POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT
Georgian College is a designated learning institution (DLI#: O19395677361) that offers programs that will make you eligible for a post-graduation work permit.