CANADA’S #1 UNDERGRADUATE UNIVERSITY
Mount Allison has been recognized by Maclean’s as the top primarily undergraduate university in Canada 21 times in the past 29 years — a record unmatched by any other university.
The University offers a flexible liberal arts and sciences education that prepares students for any career path and to enter into professional and graduate programs. Mount Allison prides itself on providing a high-quality academic experience, combined with a variety of hands-on learning opportunities in a close-knit community.
Mount Allison University is a primarily undergraduate university located on Canada’s East Coast in picturesque Sackville, New Brunswick. Whether you come here from a small town or a big city, you will soon fall in love with living in the ideal university town.
Sackville is a safe, welcoming, and inclusive small town surrounded by nature. The downtown is just a five-minute walk from campus, you can drive to all major centres in the region in two hours or less, and an international airport is less than a 30-minute drive away. Students will find the cost of living much lower than other Canadian destinations.
- find out more www.mta.ca/idealtown
Founded in 1839, Mount Allison currently offers bachelor’s degrees in Arts, Science, Commerce, Fine Arts, and Music, as well as master’s degrees in biology and chemistry and biochemistry, and certificates in bilingualism. You can choose majors and minors from different areas of study that match your interests and career goals to create a degree as unique as you are.
- Total number of students: 2,300
- % of international students: 10%
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 17:1
- Average first-year class size: 60
- Classes with 30 students or less: 60%
As a small university, Mount Allison students enjoy direct access to some of the finest faculty in the country. Compared to primarily undergraduate universities, Maclean’s ranks our faculty:
- first in national awards won
- first in the percentage of full-time instructional faculty with a Ph.D., or the highest degree in their field
National academic awards won by students. A high percentage of Mount Allison’s graduating students move on to graduate programs or professional schools such as law and medicine.
- Maclean’s ranks Mount Allison fourth in the number of students who have won national academic awards.
- To date, 55 Mount Allison students have become Rhodes Scholars — one of the best per capita records of any university in Canada. Valued at more than $100,000, the University of Oxford’s Rhodes Scholarship is one of the oldest and most prestigious in the world.
Maclean’s ranked Mount Allison third for spending on scholarships and bursaries. On average more than $2 million is awarded annually in scholarships, bursaries, and financial aid.
According to the 2017 NSSE survey, MtA students are more likely than students at other Canadian institutions to rate their campus as a supportive environment.
- Full-time tuition: CA$19,040
- Residence (single room) and unlimited meal plan: CA$12,177
- Student fees: CA$1,193
- International student basic medical coverage: CA$765
Please visit www.mta.ca/fees for complete cost and fee information.
You will live with your best friends
Your residence becomes your home away from home and your second family, providing the perfect transitional step to living on your own.
- Over 75% of rooms are single or single ensuites
- First-year students are guaranteed a room on campus
At Mount Allison, you will have a built-in support system with live-in dons, student residence leaders, academic mentors, house executive, and roommates and housemates who turn into lifelong friends.
POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT
Mount Allison University is a designated learning institution (DLI#: O19273922302) that offers programs that will make you eligible for a post-graduation work permit.
Search and apply!