#1 Co-op College in Ontario!
Georgian College is a College of Applied Arts and Technology in Ontario, Canada. It has 13,000 full-time students, including 3,600 international students from 85 countries, across seven campuses, the largest being in Barrie.
Georgian is a unique and positive experience in postsecondary education. A transformative experience that connects you to the skills you need, the people that inspire, the mindset to succeed, and the confidence to thrive.
As a Georgian graduate, you will be fully connected to your potential, your peers, your industry and the world at large.
Georgian has the highest percentage of its student body enrolled in co-op programs.
All full-time programs emphasize hands-on experience in workplaces, on campus, or in the community. Almost 80 percent offer a formal work-integrated learning opportunity – co-op, internship, placement, or field experience. Graduates leave Georgian with networks, hard skills, and strong resumés.
- 100% of the programs emphasize practical, hands-on learning
- 5,000+ Georgian students are enrolled in co-op programs
- 6,200 employers partner with Georgian to offer student work experiences
- 87.3% of the graduates find employment within six months of graduation
OWEN SOUND CAMPUS
The Owen Sound Campus prides itself on being just the right size. The campus offers a wide variety of programs and services in great facilities. Campus buildings total more than 106,000 square feet with almost 15 acres of property.
Located on Georgian Bay, right below the Niagara Escarpment, the historic port of Owen Sound features beautiful waterways and parks, perfect for outdoor activities like fishing and skiing. The largest urban centre in Grey and Bruce counties, it has a vibrant downtown and all the conveniences you could expect in a larger city.
- Campus Size: 106k sq ft
- Owen Sound Population: 22k
- Driving Distance from Toronto: 2.5 hours
Cafeteria and on-campus restaurant, Centre for Marine Training and Research, Algoma Central Corporation Marine Emergency Duties Centre, fitness centre, Georgian Stores, labs (culinary, nursing, power engineering, skilled trades), library, on-campus residence, student lounge, and videoconferencing classroom.
- Housing: Off-campus residence, many rental options
- Hospital: Grey Bruce Health Services
- Transit: Public transit with several bus lines, as well as regular buses to Toronto
- Groceries: Seven large grocery stores, several small businesses, year-round farmers’ market
- Shopping: Mall, shopping plaza, vibrant downtown shopping area
Owen Sound Campus Residence provides not only accommodations but also a welcoming, safe environment where students can make friends, get involved, grow and develop.
The residence houses 61 students in townhouse-style buildings. Most residence suites accommodate four students with each student having a private bedroom. All doors in the residence, including bedroom doors, are controlled entry to assist in the safety and security of our residents.
- Each residence unit is equipped with laundry, a common kitchen, a living area, and on-call staff 24 hours a day.
- Live on campus and enjoy all college amenities (computer labs, library, cafeterias, etc.) – you are only steps away.
Learn more about on-campus residence.
POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT
Georgian College is a designated learning institution (DLI#: O19395677361) that offers programs that will make you eligible for a post-graduation work permit.