#1 Co-op College in Ontario!
Georgian College is a College of Applied Arts and Technology in Ontario, Canada. It has 13,000 full-time students, including 3,600 international students from 85 countries, across seven campuses, the largest being in Barrie.
Georgian is a unique and positive experience in postsecondary education. A transformative experience that connects you to the skills you need, the people that inspire, the mindset to succeed, and the confidence to thrive.
As a Georgian graduate, you will be fully connected to your potential, your peers, your industry and the world at large.
Georgian has the highest percentage of its student body enrolled in co-op programs.
All full-time programs emphasize hands-on experience in workplaces, on campus, or in the community. Almost 80 percent offer a formal work-integrated learning opportunity – co-op, internship, placement, or field experience. Graduates leave Georgian with networks, hard skills, and strong resumés.
- 100% of the programs emphasize practical, hands-on learning
- 5,000+ Georgian students are enrolled in co-op programs
- 6,200 employers partner with Georgian to offer student work experiences
- 87.3% of the graduates find employment within six months of graduation
The largest of Georgian’s seven campuses, the Barrie Campus is a community within a community – a welcoming and safe place to study, with all the amenities.
Barrie is known for its friendly residents and four-season lifestyle.
The City of Barrie, located on the shores of Lake Simcoe, is surrounded by natural scenery, including sandy beaches, scenic hills and parks. Within an hour’s driving distance of Toronto, and with a considerably lower cost of living, Barrie is the perfect place for international students to experience cultural immersion and find opportunities for professional career development in a friendly Canadian community.
The Barrie area is Toronto’s playground, where getaway weekends and great shopping are just the beginning. It offers everything a big city has, but in a smaller, greener, safer and more peaceful environment.
- Campus Size: 1 million sq ft
- Barrie Population: 141k
- Driving Distance from Toronto: 1 hour
Art gallery, Bear Essentials store, changemaker space, a fitness centre with climbing wall and gymnasium, Indigenous Resource Centre, innovation labs, library, on-campus residence, nursing simulation labs, public clinics, student lounges, cafeteria and on-campus restaurants, theatres, videoconferencing.
- Housing: On-campus student residence, privately run student residences and many rental options
- Hospital: Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
- Transit: Public transit with several bus lines, as well as GO Trains and regular buses to Toronto
- Groceries: About 15 major grocery stores across the city, year-round farmers’ market
- Shopping: Three malls, several shopping plazas and a variety of independent retailers
Georgian’s on-campus residence provides:
- modern, convenient accommodation
- suites with two or three individual bedrooms with a double bed, large desk and dresser
- high-speed internet, telephone with local service and TV with satellite service
- three-piece bathroom with shower
- kitchen with microwave/convection oven, full-sized fridge, and more
POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT
Georgian College is a designated learning institution (DLI#: O19395677361) that offers programs that will make you eligible for a post-graduation work permit.
Search and apply!